10‏/07‏/2012

Success, Myself and Others.

Four days back, I had a rather meaningful conversation with one of my closest friends, in which he insisted that I have to stop thinking about finding solution for the world and to be logical enough to think for myself, and myself only, rather than thinking of the well being of the others! He said that I am repeating the same thoughts, circling around the very same point in vain, living a big illusion about changing the world whereas it is “myself” that I should really care about; my career, improving my life to be "successful" and reach etc. 
Now, I think he is right in some of what he demonstrated; especially that one cannot change the world without starting with the man in the mirror. That is utterly true! But, the change should not stop there. For, what is “success”? Is it is about more possessions or it is a work to describe the advanced way by which we relate to all the living things around us? And, wait a minute; how to draw the borderline between “myself” and the “others”? Is not it relevant to talk about the resources that we share, and the similarities that we all have in common in order to survive when we talk about such an issue? And, lastly, what is change? is it not a continuous revolution and it starts with us and expand to the others effortlessly. Strawberry takes less time than apples to be ready and grown up, and it does change in a different way than the apple does, each fruit changes in its own way and takes its own shape, and that is how is the change that is natural and preserved in time. Forced changes is like coloring the green strawberry in red, but it fades away after reality sprinkles it with a few drops of water!
When I first heard my closest friend speaking, I was surprised not only because he is suggesting that I better stop minding anything beyond my "capabilities" but, because I refuse the whole idea of capability at all. He was indirectly propagandizes the very same story in the same ordinary way we grew up limited by! I mean, what is the ring between us and the world, and between each of us and the rest of us? Are we meant to keep living the same god damned life surrounded by unawareness everywhere we happen to be, any society we happen to explore or study? Are we supposed to stop thinking about the main roots of our difficulties and serious problems expressed by pollution, wars, hunger, inequity, and poverty, almost everywhere on the surface of the planet? Are we supposed to act blinded by our own will because some of us think that it is beyond our capabilities and thus responsibilities? Well, I don't think so. And above it all, what is the outcome of any individualistic contribution on any of these topics.
One may not see the whole picture, yet he \ she can see things that are obviously threatening our existence, harvesting thousands of lives and destroying our only home every single day.
When systematic scarcity produced poverty and hunger, bad educational systems produced faceless generations convinced in competition and loyalty to outdated systems, and giving so much attention to man in power. It is now an easy for them to manipulate people and make soldiers who have no idea about the real success in saving life, solving problems and sharing resources! Who keep fighting till they die with their heads full of bullshit principals and outdated religious, national, racial notions, which sadly and most ironically were put by the same businessmen and bankers who are enslaving them day and night!!

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق